Flash-Sintering requires the application of a DC electrical field to a ceramic sample while sintering. The electric field drastically reduces the time and temperature required for densification. Examples of these experiments can be found in many recent experiments [Flash-Sintering]. FAST ceramics has extensive experience designing and building equipment for field assisted sintering and can custom design equipment to meet a wide variety of needs.
Full Flash-Sintering System
Furnace, tube-ends, computer, data acquisition systems, optical dilatometer and control software everything necessary to reproduce flash-sintering experiments to-date [Flash-Sintering].
Tube Furnace Ends and Control System
Similar to the description above for the full-system except for the furnace and tube. This system enables the set-up of an existing 2”OD tube furnace for flash-sintering experiments.
Systems for custom requirements
FAST ceramics has vast experience designing and building high temperature experimental instruments. FAST ceramics will develop custom software for fast and precise data acquisition from almost any piece of equipment. Some examples include
- Electrical Fields in High Temperature Environments
- Ceramic Forging Compression and Tension (Superplastic Deformation)
- Molecular Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD)
- Mechanical Testing Apparatus
- Dilatometers: Optical, Mechanical, Laser, Capacitive etc.
- Electrical Characterization: Impedance Spectroscopy and DC Conductivity
Our engineers and scientists are excited to work on new and challenging problems in materials science and beyond.